Assistant of the System Administration
The system administration is constantly searching for employees who can help us maintain the infrastructure of all the computers and servers of the departement.
Job Description and Tasks:
- Maintenance of the computers and other related equipment (e.g. printers)
- Support of currently in place systems which are responsible for the distribution of updates and installations
- Assisting employees and students of the department
Deep knowledge about system administration is recommended but not necessary. Much of what is needed is taught on-site. As a necessary requirement the applicant must be an enrolled student at the technical or scientific faculty. Furthermore, as the use of a telephone is required, fluent German is needed. In addition, because the necessary skills typically take some time to acquire, a contract duration of at least 2 semesters is requested.
- Fast and determined learner
- Punctuality and reliabilty are important characteristics
- Basic knowledge on how to use a terminal and how to work with Linux (Ubuntu) is recommended, but not necessary
Interested? Then print your CV and visit us! We are available from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 12 am in room 1.330, Cauerstr. 11.