Projects / Research
Research activities and Projects
The Chair in Applied Analysis at the Department of Mathematics of the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), in Germany, co-funded by an Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation (AvH) Professorship, led by Enrique Zuazua, with a broad spectrum of research interests in Applied and Computational Mathematics, welcomes applications to Internship and PhD students, Postdocs and Senior Visitors.
Please visit further our page CAA-AvH where you will find the latest news about the activities at the chair.
Our group develops and applies methods of Analysis and Computational Mathematics to model, understand, design and control the dynamics of various phenomena arising in the interface of Mathematics with Engineering, Physics, Biology and Social Sciences.
In particular our interests cover:
- Control of diffusion models arising in Biology and Social Sciences
- Modeling and control of multi-agent systems
- Hyperbolic models arising in gas flow and energy transport.
- Fractional PDE
- Data driven Control
- Optimal design in Material Sciences
- Micro-macro limit processes
- The interplay between discrete and continuous modelling in design and control
- The emergence of turnpike phenomena in long-time horizons
- Inversion and parameter identification
- Development of new computation tools and software
- Analysis of Partial Differential Equations (PDE)
The Chair aims also to contribute to the development of a new Center of Research at FAU, in the broad area of “Mathematics of Data”, conceived as a highly visible interdisciplinary research site, an incubator for future collaborative research grants and a turntable for the key research priorities of FAU, anchored in Mathematics and Computer Science.